Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Success with Amazon KDP Select

Hello Everyone,

Like a many other authors currently selling books through Kindle Direct Publishing(KDP), I was skeptical at first about enrolling in the new KDP Select program from Amazon.com. As an emerging author, I wondered if pulling my books from other online distributors was worth it. Well, it was! The number of books that I am now selling on Amazon has increased dramatically. If I could sum it up, my book sales have increased four times in one week compared to what they were in one month!

When you enroll your book titles in KDP Select, you are able to participate in the Kindle Owners' Lending Library monthly fund and become eligible to receive part of the $500,000 divided up each month. The best part is that you are allowed to use the the newly launched Promotions Manager tool, which will allow you to directly control the promotion of free books. I found that giving away free books increased actual sales. It sounds crazy right? But it's not. Below I have listed some of my results with giving away free books:

1/9/2012 - Gave away 299 free copies of Ready for the Rapture. Sold 2 copies in December and 28 copies during the first week of January.
1/10/2012 - Gave away 315 free copies of The Ten Greatest Prayers of the Bible. Sold 0 copies in December and 30 copies during the first week of January.

These numbers do not include the additonal 21 borrows that have taken place. What am I trying to say? If you are an author, then take advantage of KDP Select.

No comments:

Post a Comment